De-Code Automotive Jargon with Help from Keyes Honda
At Keyes Honda, we understand that the car-buying process can be complicated sometimes. There are so many new technologies and automotive terms out there, that many customers get a bit confused. We want to try educating our clientele so that they can feel confident when perusing our massive inventory of new Honda car models. Let's start by learning a few common industry terms.
- Horsepower: a measurement of a car engine's power, where one unit is equivalent to 550 foot-pounds per second
- Drivetrain: the system that connects a car's suspension to its axles, with common examples including front-wheel drive, all-wheel drive, and four-wheel drive
- Continuously variable transmission (CVT): this automatic transmission, also known as a single-speed transmission, seamlessly shifts between a range of gears for a smooth ride
- Chassis: the underside of a vehicle that attaches to the body
- Synthetic oil: a lubricant made entirely of artificial chemical compounds. Our Honda service center offers both synthetic and semi-synthetic oil changes.
- Lease: an alternative to purchasing a car outright; when you lease a car, you only pay for the portion of the car that's used during your lease term, which is usually a few years long
- Depreciate: a loss in a car's value as it ages over time; most cars depreciate about 20% over the course of their lifespan
- Honda Sensing®: The Honda brand's exclusive suite of driver assistive safety features, which includes technologies such as our Collision Mitigation Braking System, Lane Departure Warning, and Adaptive Cruise Control
- HondaLink®: an app that allows you to connect your smartphone to important features on your vehicle, allowing you to monitor your car remotely, request roadside assistance or schedule service appointments at our Van Nuys Honda car dealership
- Magic Seat®: 60/40 split-folding rear seats installed in certain Honda models; these seats can be configured four different ways to optimize your specific seating or storage needs
These are only a few of the many automotive terms you may hear when visiting Keyes Honda, which is located at 5355 Van Nuys Boulevard. We recommend speaking to one of our knowledgeable Honda dealers to learn even more.